A brick garage was built behind Happy Retreat by C. Magnus Conklyn and his brother, J.P Conklyn, who owned the property from 1920 until 1945. Its design mimics the Greek Revival architectural style of the portions of the house built in the 1830’s. Plans are underway to convert the garage into a 700 square foot welcome and orientation center to house displays and exhibits. The standing seam roof, which appears to be original, has been repaired and painted. The windows have been re-glazed and painted. Architect Kevin Lee Sarring has designed the layout for the new welcome center.